Platinum Jewelry Complements Solidarity 'Blackout' at the 75th Annual Golden Globe Awards
Platinum jewelry was front and center at Sunday’s 75th annual Golden Globe Awards as Hollywood's biggest stars wore black to show their solidarity with the "Time's Up" movement, a group dedicated to promoting gender equality in the entertainment industry. And while the red carpet "blackout" conveyed a serious social message, the platinum jewelry adorning the black ensembles exuded glamour and sophistication.
White diamond earrings, colorful sapphire and emerald gemstones, and vintage jewelry — all set in platinum — were popular choices for the red carpet, noted Platinum Guild International. Among the A-list celebrities who chose platinum accessories this year were Golden Globe winner Saoirse Ronan (Lady Bird), Emilia Clarke (Game of Thrones), Gal Gadot (Wonder Woman), Eva Longoria (Desperate Housewives) and many more.
Ronan, who won a Golden Globe for Best Actress in a Motion Picture, Comedy or Musical for her role in Lady Bird, wore platinum dangle earrings by Cartier. The “Cartier High Jewelry” glistened with diamonds and sapphires.
Clarke's V-shaped platinum necklace by Harry Winston flashed with 18.91 carats of diamonds. Completing the look were other Harry Winston pieces, including platinum earstuds with emerald-cut diamonds (6.32 carats) and three platinum bands (not shown).
Gadot chose a Tiffany and Co. platinum ensemble, which included diamond chandelier earrings and a bracelet adorned with princess-cut diamonds (not shown).
Eva Longoria showed off her baby bump while wearing platinum earrings set with emerald-cut diamonds by Lorraine Schwartz.
Other notable actresses wearing platinum included the following:
Nicole Kidman in platinum by Fred Leighton:
• Art Deco earrings with diamonds (7.25 carats).
• Art Deco Old European ring with diamonds (6.10 carats).
• Art Deco ring with diamonds.
Issa Rae in platinum by Lorraine Schwartz:
• Necklace with diamonds (100 carats) and a Colombian emerald center (35 carats).
• Ring with a Colombian emerald (42 carats) and diamonds.
Natalie Portman in platinum by Tiffany & Co.:
• Diamond earrings.
• Ring featuring a 5-carat sapphire and diamonds from the “2017 Extraordinary Colors of Tiffany Collection.”
Kate Hudson in platinum by Harry Winston:
• Vintage “Secret Wonder” pendant with diamonds, sapphire and aquamarine (30.01 carats).
• Vintage 1969 diamond cluster earrings (23.12 carats).
Claire Foy in platinum by Harry Winston:
• Sparkling cluster diamond earrings (4.25 carats).
• Rock band with a radiant-cut diamond (7.7 carats).
• Rock band with an oval-cut diamond (8.97carats).
Debra Messing in platinum by Lorraine Schwartz:
• Earrings with pear-shaped Colombian emeralds (32 carats).
• Ring with a Colombian emerald (40 carats).
Viola Davis in platinum by Harry Winston:
• “Secret Combination” necklace with diamonds (111.48 carats).
• Earstuds with round brilliant-cut diamonds (8 carats).
• “Traffic” ring with diamonds (1.49 carats).
Helen Mirren in platinum by Harry Winston:
• “Winston Cluster Wreath” necklace with diamonds (46.94 carats).
• “Secret Cluster” earrings with diamonds (8.35 carats).
• “Flower” ring with ruby and diamonds (10.36 carats).
Lily James in platinum by Harry Winston:
• “Winston Cluster Flower” earrings with diamonds (8.19 carats).
• “Sunflower Twin” ring with diamonds (1.81 carats).
Ashley Judd in platinum by Martin Katz:
• Earrings with emerald briolette drops (11.59 carats) and kite-shaped diamonds (2 carats), accented with six round diamond connectors, microset with 445 round, single-cut diamonds.
Credits: Photos by INSTARImages, provided by Platinum Guild International.